Planning your next boating excursion with your friends and family? Don’t forget about the menu! Surely you’ll need some yummy snacks and cool drinks for your next trip. Below, we have compiled some of our favorite food and drink recipes, perfect for those long summer days spent on the water! Enjoy!
Rosemary Citrus Shrimp Taco | Serves 8
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined and tails removed
- 4 ounces Rosemary Citrus & Pepper Sauce
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8-1/2 ounces fresh coleslaw mix
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 avocado, sliced
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shrimp in a single layer and cook for two minutes until pink.
- Flip shrimp and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until shrimp is pink and flesh is opaque.
- Stir in 1 cup of Rosemary Citrus & Pepper Sauce and warm through. Remove from heat.
- Assemble tacos by topping a tortilla with coleslaw, pepper strips, avocado slices and shrimp.
- Top with additional Rosemary Citrus & Pepper Sauce, if desired.
Cheesy Chicken Bruschetta Bread Boats | Serves 4
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 large sub buns
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Place the balsamic vinegar and sugar in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low and let the mixture simmer while you continue on with the recipe. Once the vinegar is thickened and syrupy, remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the diced chicken breast with salt and pepper then place them in the skillet. Cook for a few minutes on each side until the pieces are cooked through.
- Preheat the broiler to low. Split the sub buns in half and brush them lightly with about 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Place them oil side up on a baking sheet and place them under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Spread the chicken evenly over the toasted bread. Top with slices of mozzarella cheese. Place the cheesy bread under the broiler for an additional 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- While the cheese is melting, combine the tomatoes and garlic and season them with salt and pepper. Once the cheese is melted, spread the tomatoes out evenly over the bread slices. If desired, place them back under the broiler for a final time to warm up the tomatoes.
- Top bread slices with chopped basil and a drizzle of the reduced balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately.
- 4 cups pineapple chunks, chilled
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup rum
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Garnish with a pineapple round, lime wedge, and sprig of mint!
- For a sweeter drink, add in simple syrup!
- 2 cups light whipped topping
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups Yoplait light orange cream yogurt
- Spoon half of the yogurt into the bottom of two small, clear glass or plastic cups.
- Stir the almond extract into the whipped topping. If you don’t like almond extract, feel free to omit this step.
- Spoon half of the whipped topping over your yogurt layer.
- Add a second layer of yogurt, then whipped topping.
- Chilled until ready to eat. Serve with a spoon and drink umbrella. Enjoy!
We hope you enjoy your summer days on the boat this season, stay safe and have fun!